Welcome Licensed Foster Parents!
It is important to remember as a licensed foster parent you are required to complete ongoing training every 2 years. For Treatment Foster Homes you are required to complete 60 hours of ongoing training. For Family Foster Homes, you are required to complete 40 hours of ongoing training. (OAC 5101:2-7-02)
These hours can be completed in-person in the following ways:
- In person training’s are offered at Agape’s bi-monthly in the Dayton Office and monthly in the Cincinnati office. Please see Ongoing Training Calendars
- To Register- Contact Val Baker at ext. 1113
- Foster parents licensed through a private agency may attend workshops offered through the Regional Training Center IF there is space available after all the foster parents who are licensed by public agencies have registered.
- To be placed on the waitlist for a Regional Training Center class- Contact Molly O’Bryan, LSW at ext. 1121
There are options for coursework to be taken outside of Agape for Youth and the Regional Training Center. Is there a Book, Article, Video, Lecture or Webinar you would like to get foster parent credit for? These are the steps you need to take to ensure you receive credit for the hours.
Step 1- Prior Approval is REQUIRED by the Training Coordinator Molly O’Bryan
Step 3- Following preliminary approval- complete requested coursework
Step 4- Submit certificate listing time, date and instructor’s signature and printed name as well as the Transfer of Learning Post Test form. The hours cannot be approved and added to your training list until this is submitted to Jamie Fisher, LSW.
- Be sure to turn all items within 30 days of the coursework competed date
Also available are online training opportunities. Recommended On-Line training websites:
*** Please remember a maximum of 20 hours of online credit is permitted in each 2 year time frame for treatment foster parents and only 13 hours for family level.
***Also, please remember a maximum of 12 hours of training credit per day is permitted. Certificates submitted over the 12 hour maximum on the same date will not be counted for credit.